Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lonely Desert


It has been about a week since I got here and everything is fine. I guess. Things
could be better but whatever I have now will just have to do. This place is not as
great as I anticipated as we are so far away from everything. The only attraction
here is my workplace. But I wish to be elsewhere. Anyways the job is good but
the hours are just simply not enough to cover the cost for this trip. I had intended
to pay my parents back but now I can at most pay them back mostly 50% of
the cost unless I find a second job. Well, enough of the complaining, things are not
too bad here as well.

As you can see, the above is the picture of my ID taken while my friends in the
background were trying to make me laugh. The officer in charge somehow did not
have the need to retake the photo *damnit*. On the first day I was given normal
kitchen duties such as preparing churros and pretzels. I found the job extremely
easy and picked it up within minutes. They did not trust me with customers yet
and I was not allowed to speak to them. On the second day however it was a
completely different story. I was thrown into frontlines and put behind a cash register.
I had to go through it after 2 hours of pointless computer training using "simulations"
of the cash register. The training had not help a single bit and I basically relearnt
it through my supervisor.

After screw ups with about 5 customers I was finally getting the hang of it. I was
making fewer mistakes and doing stuff alot faster. This job was slightly more
difficult as I had to make the transaction and prepare the food which is funnel
cakes. Dont know what it is? Google it. Seems delicious at first but I got so used to
looking at it, it lost its appeal after preparing it the whole day. I have not tasted it
before but I dont intend to. I was kinda scared of being put into registry at first
because of the customers. But I found out that people here in general are mostly
patient and very understanding. At first I thought that I would be afraid of the
customer, I realized that the customer is as confused as me. They arent sure of
what is in the menu, and they are not sure what they want either lol. But when
I make mistakes they are mostly forgiving. Thats all for tonight. Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment