Friday, June 3, 2011

My childhood dilemma

Flash back when I was around standard 5 or 6, I was just a boy.

I wasn't sure whether I was undergoing puberty at that time, but I remembered some friends used to say I sounded like a sissy.

Seriously, I was quite affected. In my heart I wished I could grow up faster and turn into a real man. Sometimes I listened to my own voice, I recorded my own voice and played it back..., then couldn't help but curse myself for sounding like a toad.

You know sometimes, when you speak, what you heard of what you speak is different from what others would hear (slightly different, I guess?). For me I think it sounds totally different.

Today while I was doing some house chores, I listened carefully to my voice as I speak. And I still think what I heard of my voice today is somewhat the same as what I heard last time when I was still a boy.

The only difference is, nowadays people say I have a deep voice, which I don't really agree, because that's not exactly what I heard...

I am unsure whether anyone has the same problem as me? haha

Anyway I think I have grown up, though definition of a "man" is quite subjective and I can't really be sure whether I could be regarded as one, but yeah at least I don't sound like a toad anymore...

4 comments:

  1. how come sissy can jump to a toad??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dono how i define sissy here, maybe i acted like a sissy + my voice hvn mature yet, but slowly later when I enter puberty, i still act bit sissy n sound like a toad.. u noe how that sound.. like those highschool boy annoying voice..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we hear ourselves differently cause of how our ears are positioned right, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, maybe hahaha.. But it's so weird.. I wonder how u perceive ur own voice?

    ReplyDelete