Monday, May 30, 2011

Terminology


Throughout the journeys which I have partook in my life, I have come to
realize that my life changing journeys have always began, and in some cases
ended in airports. Whenever I walk into the Penang airport, certain familiar
feelings grip me as I go through usual airport procedures such as checks ins
and what not. Such as the feeling I first had when I was to study in my
secondary school in Seremban area. I didnt exactly flew there when I started,
but it was the time I had to fly alone there after a short holiday. I felt sad
that I had to leave home. I felt nervous as well as there were so many new
challenges and obstacles ahead of me. I had never been away from home
for so long. But it was a good experience for me as it had completely changed
my life for the better. I still remember the day I took a flight back to Penang
for good after finishing secondary school. I felt sad as I parted ways with a
good friend who dropped me off at the airport.

Not long after that, I was back in the airport flying off to enrole into Nottingham.
I didnt have the anxious feeling of being alone in the air as I did last time. But I did
however feel nervous of what lies ahead of me. Every semester is different with its
own ratio of sweetness and bitterness. Every time I took a flight at the beginning of
the semester, I felt excited and nervous at the same time of whats in store for me.
However, after the end of the semester I always fly away from this place with a heavy
heart. Despite the isolation of this place, I have made many good friends and have
lost some in the process as well.

Being in the airport also reminds me of times when I have to send friends off to pursue
their studies abroad. Friends leaving in a way is not a mark of a new journey in life, but a
continuity of the journey without them, which poses challenges as well. I dont have many
friends. Therefore which each one flying off is like a huge piece of me taken away. Times
can be so lonely and hard without them but feelings must be temporarily put aside for
adaptation and assimilation to take place. When friends fly off, I feel sad as well as it may
be the last time I see them as who they were. Overtime, friends usually change and it may
not always be for the good. Long absences make conversations awkward and short.

Tomorrow, I shall be heading to the airport once again. Another journey which may
potentially change who I am and hopefully shape me into a better person. The same nervous
feeling runs in my stomach as I type this post out. I cant help but be nervous and excited
at the same time of whats ahead of me. But as always, I leave with a heavy heart. It is hard
for me to leave my family and friends. But with my departure to another land will only
make me appreciate them more. Ill miss u guys. =(

oh btw, Ill diligently update the ongoings of my adventure here. yay :D

No comments:

Post a Comment