Saturday, March 28, 2009

HOW and WHY do dogs wag their tails?

Have you ever wondered how do dogs wag their tails?

For your information, dogs’ tails are not just made up of hair.

The inside of a dog’s tail is made up of a string of bones, like a string of big beads.

Muscles are attached to the bones.

(Details about ~
how the tails are stimulated,
how brains then send impulses for actions,
how mitochondria then synthesized for production of energy for dogs to wag their tails
should not be explained here,
cause it’s too freaking long)
haha

That is why dogs can wag their tails!! =)

Why do dogs wag their tails?

Tail-wagging has the same functions as our human smile, polite greeting and nod of recognition.

Tail-wagging indicates happiness!!

So, we can also say that dogs wag their tails to interact and communicate with others.

Why do I blog about dogs’ tails? It all began with a conversation with a friend, fatty Juliana.

I was asking why my QQ (my dog’s name) keep wagging his tail, I was not certain about the reason why.

So, I googled it!

That was when I found out Dogs’ tails actually help dogs in balancing! I told my fatty friend, Juliana.


Minnie: Hey! Dog’s tail actually helps balancing also! =.=

Juliana: How long have you had your QQ, and you don’t know anything about dogs?!!

I told her it’s off my concern to know about the function of dogs’ tails, she argued back and said


Juliana: He is your dog, so you should know!!


My argument was…


Minnie: How long have you had your brain? I doubt you know what does pituitary gland does in your brain! So, why should you have a brain? Hahaha

Juliana: The chemical thing in my brain is too complex, so how am I supposed to know???!!! Please la!!

Minnie: True! and I doubt QQ himself knows the function of his own tail also, just like not all humans know semicircular canal helps balancing too! So why should I noeeeee about my dog’s tail???


The moral of this conversation is, we should know ourselves thoroughly,

not only you should know your own personalities, your physical appearance, you should also know about your body! Don’t take your body or life for granted, even though you’re not a bio student! =)

It’s ok if you don’t know about the match of Liverpool and Manchester United,
It’s ok if you don’t know Najib is taking over Abdullah Badawi as our sixth Prime Minis
ter,
It’s ok if you don’t know whether Anwar really sodomized his secretary,
It’s ok if you don’t know who sang the song “A Little too Over You”….

But please know about yourself
and in conjunction with the Earth Hour,
We should all know what we’ve done to our earth too!

Quote a famous phrase

“Ask what can you do for the earth, instead of asking what can the earth do for you”

Please support the Earth Hour, off your lights from 8:30pm – 9:30pm today (28 March 2009)!

For some selfish businessman who only show concerns for their business ($$$$) and refuse to off their lights, I look down on you!!


My QQ!









No comments:

Post a Comment