Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reunion After 17 Months

First of all, I have to apologize to my dear pangeelapongers
and pangeelapongs' readers for not updating my posts for a very long time.

Therefore I decided to write this post, but the contents of this post does not
really match the title.
So just ignore the title if you wanted to.

I traveled to my previous school, MRSM PDRM KULIM
on the 25th of May to take my SPM certificate, school magazine and
to meet my old friends who have spent two years studying with me..

At first, I met another four Chinese friends
and we went to shopping in Kulim town before entering our college.

After that, we checked in for our room in the college..
Five of us stayed in one room and
each of us just needed to pay for RM 5.. its cheap right.. hehe..

No special events on that particular night because
most of our malay friends haven't reach the college yet.
So we just chatted and read in our room..
I had bought poker cards and planned to play with them that night but we didn't
because one of my friend was not in a good mood.

The next day after we took the cert and magazine,
we met up with our malay friends.
But we didn't chat too long because my friend
needed to go back her home due to some emergencies.
So we left the college at around 10.00 a.m.

I felt really sorry to my malay friends because we couldn't spend longer time with them.
However, I also felt relief when I knew that I can go back home earlier.

The reason was I found out that I can no longer mixed well with them.
My BM language has degraded so I found its actually
quite hard to communicate with them by using BM.

And I also realized that we are actually came from two different worlds,
different background, religion,
and definitely different challenges that we might face in the future.

The college that I stayed for two years suddenly made me felt so strange.
The buildings remained the same with some new painting,
the same arrangement of the tables and chairs in the dining hall,
the same environment and no new trees growing around.

The only difference are the students, teachers and principal.
Some of them are new to us,
some of them changed, especially the juniors, who never seems to respect us anymore.
But still, some of them were really friendly to us.
Thank for them especially my teachers.

Now I realized that a person cannot always belongs to a particular community.
Once he or she left, the only thing remained for he or she will be just the memory,
and changes in that community kept proceeding without his or her notice.

So let's start to appreciate the community that we belong to,
because once we leave,
we can no longer predict what will be happened to the
people and environment that we left behind.




~Carmen~

No comments:

Post a Comment