Sunday, November 21, 2010

Indulge in reminiscence

I used to know what I'm doing. I used to know what I want, what I like . I know my targets and I work my way to achieve it. I like collecting envelopes. I like stickers. I like bags and pouches and boxes. I like colour pens. I like a variety of the same thing cuz its always better to have more of one thing than just one. I have dreams. I want to earn lots of money. I used to think earning 10k is not a problem. I want to travel around the world. I like fancy stuff like a mini popcorn maker, can badge maker, sticker maker, pottery machine etc. I know why I say no to many and yes only to those matters to me.

This morning, I woke up and decided to look back at my old stuffs that I kept in boxes. Its placed in the top layer of my wardrobe. That's why I've almost forgotten about them. Out of sight, out of mind. There was a lot of reminiscing going over while looking at my stuffs and it brought back a few memories of my own. I remembered me.

I can say that the stef now is not quite like the old stef. I dont know why. I guess its the process of growing up. I used to like colourful stuffs but now I'm like a mono colour person. I used to make funny things that I like during my free time but now I'll sleep or just laze around or hang out with frens whenever I'm free. I used to have a proper schedule.. but now? Its all in a mess. I rush assignments everyday, I am always catching up with time. I lost my hobbies. Last time I used to play the piano and guzheng almost everyday. Now? Once every 6months. Guzheng? Worse.. once a year.

Its probably the environment and the busy world that made me like that. I believed many of u are the same. Its not the same anymore, its not easy to say no anymore. But instead, we will find ourselves saying yes to many other things. Even though its not something we truly want.

But whatever it is, its a good sunday morning. I felt good looking back at my old stuffs, bringing back my childhood memories. And find myself back once again. It feels good to get back to where you were, who you were. I know, I'll always have a base in me.

Ps: I'm not being emo. :)

1 comment:

  1. A nice post Stef. I'm happy your Sunday went well and even better that you're happy about the times to come (: The weekend worked for you and again, I'm happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete