Sunday, November 7, 2010

Small Small Day

They say year 2's gonna be all different now; that year 2 is of a busy year and such that we will have not much time in our hands. I can accept that reality that there are more assignments, slightly but not at an overwhelming weight. But here I am still wondering why my weekends and time at home isn't still as productive as a year 2 should be. Seems like it might be year 2 for me, but I'm still not quite there yet inside of me.

I was out yesterday with a few friends and my sis hoping to just relax and lepak for awhile since it's the weekend. Apart from that, we've hardly had any time out together and hence, we picked Saturday as the perfect day to just kick back and relax. Originally, I had intended to urge them to go Gasing Hill as a recreation. But somehow the plan failed: Not only were they not as interested as I was, but I ended up oversleeping too. Which reminds me of a certain day within this week as well which I had suffered a similar fate where regret overwhelms me as the bubble floats through my mind. Deja vu, much?

And so we arrived earlier in 1 Utama to purchase the tickets. Due to the recent Deepavali holidays, the usual staff in GSC, which comprises of mainly Malaysian Indians, were not much around. Hence, there were only two counters open at the ticketing booths and hence the line accumulated and lengthened to a great extent even at the early hours of the day. But perseverance did us good and we managed to purchase the tickets of choice. We then proceeded to McD for a simple lunch before heading to Popular to find a particular book which I had in mind for someone. Before we knew it, it was time for the movie (apparently movie is a typo. It's underlined in red).

RED was an interesting movie. Might be pretty cliche-ish to some but then it does hold its surprises and amusements. It's about a retired CIA agent whom was targeted for assassination, whom then seeks assistance from previous associates, whom are also retired by now in the attempt to cover the plot and reasons why he was targeted. He finds love on the way as he brought the girl he fancies in an attempt to protect her from being targeted as well. And so they managed to uncover a few secrets and came up with a pretty good movie. If you have much ample time and vacancy and you are not a year 2 or year 3 student, I'd pretty much say that this movie is a must-watch for entertainment sake. And if you're year 2 and year 3... Have you done your assignments yet? If yes, then maybe.

Moving on to the shopping plan after the movie. Sis began looking around for gifts. We approached one and we entered. I looked around and was conferred many ideas for the coming seasonal holiday where I look out for smiles. I began to wonder if I could repeat the past as I did when I was with her in achieving this. And a few individuals came to mind specifically, but then I hesitated again and left. Sis took her own sweet time, as usual. And then we headed to Cold Storage as she had wanted to shop for groceries. We then spent a lot of time walking around while she went around picking what she wanted. Finally, after almost an hour maybe, we could leave and we went for dinner.

There was this place called New Paris Restaurant in SS2, adjacent to the upcoming SS-Two-Mall. We ordered selected dishes which were the favourites in the venue. We thought of going medium for one of the dishes until the uncle taking our order was like "Aiyo mm sai medium la. Sai dou kau laa" (If I had typed that correctly: Aiyo there's no need for medium lah. Small dishes will suffice lah!"). We tried their famous Champagne chicken, which was different in taste, but didn't feel that special. But their Marmite Pork Ribs were quite a fancy. And so we left with neutral opinions about the place, unsure if we'll want return here. Maybe not.

And so ended our day as we went home. I placed myself comfortably on the large blue office-chair hoping to relax, as I felt somewhat exhausted being out almost half the day. I was then given a jolt of electricity as my eyes scanned a familiar paper on the table: PLANT AND CELL PHYSIOLOGY B - and I knew there was something I needed to do. T'was a pretty fancy day. I miss her. She knows it. And hopefully the relaxation from this eventful day would result in me putting more in as a year 2 student.

Ah, the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment