Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kenneth's 19th - Preface

I was up early to find myself preparing to go out. I was a lil late, but knowing that there will be ample amount of parking at The Gardens, I didn't rush myself to get there. I was thinking to myself that Kian Min would come with Stefanie and they would take awhile to reach Mid Valley, unless they'd leave home very early. I decided not to contact them till I had arrived. And hence, the radio accompanied me. Yet, when I arrived there, I called Kian Min to realize that my call has woken him up; he told me he would arrive in half an hour. It was understandable and hence, I headed to MPH to spend the time reading.

Kian Min arrived alone and I was slightly surprised. I thought to myself, 'Mana itu budak kecik?' Then he told me that she would come with the others from Nottingham itself. We then decided to walk around in search of Kenneth's present. It was decided that we were to get him shorts and a tee to accompany it. Prior to the decision made, a discussion was held. It was revealed that observations showed that Kenneth would usually stick to only one pair of pants - the dark brown one. Hence, I decided that we should get him a pair of white shorts, as we have never seen him in it before. And after that, we begin our walk.

Arrival at a few clothe boutiques was an effort in vain as there wasn't much choices of white pants; to make matters worse, Kenneth's unique pants size was slightly difficult to find. We weren't sure if the size he usually wears would be closer to the upper boundary or the lower boundary of 33. Hence, we neglected it as part of standard deviation. We found a pair and close by, we found a pink tee shirt too. We decided to get it too and an idea manifested in my mind. At that time, we called Jess and the others. Apparently, they have already arrived and they were at Madam Kwan's. We were slightly surprised as they were there for quite awhile. We then headed there was our store was nearby. And there we found them, sitting at a table with stationery at hand.

We sat around for almost an hour preparing a birthday card for Kenneth. The pictures were chosen by Stef and Jess but I had selected a few to accompany the words. That includes Kian Min accompanying the mushroom and Stef showing her retardness with her words. It was noticed that the birthday celebration consisted mainly of the Pangeelapong bloggers. Hence, we decided to make it special for him; we then decided to prank him in thinking that only Jess and her boyfriend would be with him to celebrate his birthday. She had even made him feel guilty in not inviting the other Bioscience students. Hence, the plan commenced. Kenneth began calling the others. He called Wei Keat and Ee Leen but was turned down. Carmen was then called but she said she was at campus and was unable to make it. Kenneth then called me but I didn't answer the call; instead, we exchanged text messages. I gave him hope that my appearance was possible. Kian Min was then contacted but he faked waking up and answering the call. He made things worse by making Kenneth worry about the upcoming Math test. Kian Min told us that his plan worked and we were all snickering by the time Kenneth finished contacting all of us.

Kenneth and Jess were to meet at Coffee Bean. The plan was confirmed to surprise him. However, as we were walking out of Madam Kwan, we caught him coming up the escalator to meet Jess instead. We immediately ran to a corner to hide ourselves. Thankfully, he did not notice us. And hence, the plan commenced smoothly. His doubt in Jess' words was no match for our precision.

Happy Belated Birthday Kenneth (;

No comments:

Post a Comment