Friday, April 10, 2009

My Spider is not a Vegetarian

Last Saturday, I caught a spider near my roommate, Sherrie's bed.
The spider is green in colour with black stripes on its body,
there are two white spots on the spider's head which seem like the eyes too..

I used a plastic container to keep the spider and provide shelter (a leaf) and water to it..
Bryan named it as Greeny, after its colour.
I started to catch another insect to feed to Greeny.
However my spider seemed not interested towards that insect.

Thus, Kenneth concluded that my spider is a vegetarian
and suggested that I should feed different type of veges to it.

But I'm insisted that spider usually will feed on insects,
plus i discovered that Greeny started to build its own webs.
So i decided to wait for another few days.

Finally, Greeny caught that insect on one of its web and feed on it.
The insect started to lost its weight and become totally dry
after Greeny consumed on its body fluid.

Below are several photos of Greeny:-



My spider Greeny.


Greeny on the right hand side and the insect on the left.

Sorry for the images are quite blur.


~Carmen~

No comments:

Post a Comment